- WELCOME TO FMBSince it was founded in 1990, FMB Feinwerk- und Messtechnik GmbH has developed into a successful system provider for equipment used for conducting research with synchrotron radiation.More than 60 employees are highly skilled with the knowledge required for dealing with vacuum and beamline technology.
- EXPERTS IN VACUUM AND BEAMLINE TECHNOLOGYOur engineers and technicians are always setting themselves new challenges, and go right to the limits of the technically feasible.Getting internationally-respected experts actively and heavily involved in the development and testing of our products ensures that the latest scientific findings are available and also that there is a good understanding of the needs of our customers.
- EXPERTS IN VACUUM AND BEAMLINE TECHNOLOGYWe provide professional management for the entire development, engineering, production, testing and installation – all from one single source.Analyses and physical calculations such as optical ray tracing, strength and thermal load calculations, made using the latest computer science, form the basis of innovative and reliable products.
- EXPERTS IN VACUUM AND BEAMLINE TECHNOLOGYFMB ensures its equipment meets the high requirements in terms of cleanness and purity by conducting assembly in separate, low-particle-count or clean rooms.Appropriate assembly halls, including one dust free clean room, are available for UHV–proof assembly. High–precision theodolites are available for adjustment and high– precision position control of components and complete systems.
- EXPERTS IN VACUUM AND BEAMLINE TECHNOLOGYDifferent welding methods, such as MAG, TIG or microplasma welding, can also be used whenever necessary. Electron beam and laser welding are done by experienced partners.High-quality soldering work is done in our own clean high-vacuum furnace.FMB can also offer the right quality when soldering different materials and combinations of high-grade steel, copper, Glidcop or ceramic.
- EXPERTS IN VACUUM AND BEAMLINE TECHNOLOGY All production parts are cleaned vacuum-proof in special FMB laboratories. These are equipped with water de-mineralisation units, ultrasonic baths, suspension dryers, combined rinse and dip tanks, as well as conductivity rinse tanks.In terms of their sizes, parts up to five metres in length can be cleaned in the baths. A particle count recording system from 0.3 micrometers permits low particle cleaning in a special ISO 5 class clean room.
- QUALITY WITHOUT COMPROMISINGFMB uses the latest test engineering and air-conditioned measurement labs: - Metric surveying using stationary and mobile 3D coordinate measurement equipment - Verification of the residual magnetic permeability using Foerster probes and low-mu indicators - Vacuum testing including baking, leakage tests, determination of the specific desorption rate and of the residual gas mass spectrum - Pressure tests and Functional tests - Visual inspection, using a video-endoscope.
- NEG SystemsFMB is a licence holder for the NEG technology developed at CERN. In special coating systems developed at FMB, vacuum chambers with the widest range of inner geometric sizes and made from materials such as stainless steel, aluminium, or copper can be coated with pump active NEG coats on the inner surfaces up to a length of 5 metres. And the benefit for the customer here is that the whole production process, together with the UHV cleaning, NEG coating and tests are all completed in one source.
- FIRST CHOICE THROUGHOUT THE WORLDFMB also offers installation and commissioning of equipment in close cooperation with our customers, of course. The transfer of knowledge and training of your staff by FMB ensure optimal use of the equipment and also ensure that your application targets are reached.
- PRODUCTS FOR YOUR SUCCESSThe offer: - Extensive customer service even during the preparation phase of projects - Integration of external scientists, experts and consultants - Development, engineering, manufacture and testing - Installation, testing and commissioning at the customer’s location - Training and transfer of know-how - Flexible service.
Since it was founded in 1990, FMB Feinwerk- und Messtechnik GmbH has developed into a successful system provider for equipment used for conducting research with synchrotron radiation.
More than 60 employees are highly skilled with the knowledge required for dealing with vacuum and beamline technology.
Complete vacuum systems, front-ends and beamlines for synchrotron radiation: these represent the company's core business.
FMB provides a full range of services from engineering and production through to installation and commissioning at the customer's premises.